The Scholarship Program Manager works in partnership with Director of Programs through the coordination, implementation, and supervision of administrative and programmatic Scholarship Program needs. This individual is primarily responsible for the daily operations of the Scholarship Program, financial aid completion and the development of post-secondary services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor.)
• Create and implement the strategic vision of scholarship program operations, events, and engagement.
• Execute the financial aid goals; ensure compliance of day-to-day administrative and programmatic departmental tasks, track student progress and overall needs.
• Build and maintain relationships with students, parents, financial aid administrators, individual colleges, partner non-profits, high school personnel, and other outside agencies.
• Act as a Fulfillment Fund liaison and partner with organizations and institutions both at local and national levels.
• Disseminate financial aid information to Fulfillment Fund staff, students, parents, and community partners.
• Coordinate and conduct the Scholarship Selection process.
• Assist in the planning and delivery of annual Fulfillment Fund University workshop for all incoming scholarship recipients.
• Prepare wide variety of reports including Scholarship Program area plans, manage budgets, forecasts, recommendations, processes and develop key metrics required as deliverables.
• Maintain scholar data in Education Edge and the day-to-day operations of Fulfillment Fund scholarships and stipends includes tracking of online applications, reviewing transcripts, calculating of grades and unit requirements, and maintaining up-to-date student files.
• Work in partnership with the Chief Operating Officer, Director of Programs and Los Angeles Associate Director of the Scholarship Program in annual planning specific to the program and overall department.
• Research and keep up-to-date with opportunities for our Fulfillment Fund College Scholars.
• Compile, interpret and oversee the data and general operations of the Scholarship Program in collaboration with the Los Angeles Program Operations Team.
• Create and assist with a continual and extensive training to staff both in Los Angeles and Las Vegas areas to be versed in the financial aid process. Includes travel to local onsite high school campuses and the Las Vegas and Los Angeles communities at large.
• Collaborate on grant proposals.
Direct supervision may supervise non-Fulfillment Fund employees including Post Secondary consultants, student interns or volunteers, and temporary employees, as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree, three years or more of relevant experience plus some supervisory/office experience, and experience in working with college-level students. Bilingual – Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: A current Las Vegas Driver’s License and current automobile insurance coverage.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid outside conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Note: “The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.